[speex-dev] XScale realtime encoding possible?

Massimo frag_dz8 at libero.it
Tue Nov 11 10:27:55 PST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 19:15, Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

    There are two reasons. First, integer multiplications tend to take a
    little longer than float. The second reason is that in order to convert
    from float to int, there are several cases where one float operation is
    replaced by more than one integer operation.

    Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A., ing. jr.
    LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)

So this is in the case of replacing float operations with integer
operations. I guess I misunderstood the post in the first place.
As for the first reason, I'll have to check (still sounds somewhat
strange to me).

Thank you very much!
Massimo