[speex-dev] Server based audio merge

Carsten Breuer CarstenBreuerSpeex at textwork.de
Mon Nov 24 14:17:20 PST 2003

Hi Ulrich,

> Well, i don't know if we speak of the same ... The quality is ok, but
> the encoding of a PCM frame on the tested machine took 2ms, which (if
> the PCM frame is 7ms in length) means the machine can only encode three
> streams in realtime ...

Yes, but this is java. You don't use any threading models and i dont
know if you encode from sound card. I also don't know how optimized the
code is. In my last company we have improved runtime of digital image
processing routines from initially 80 seconds to 0.1 seconds. It's
important to knew, which screw must be adjusted. I want to see this by
my own. Perhaps you are right and there are not much improvements posible.

Best regards,