[speex-dev] XScale realtime encoding possible?

Massimo frag_dz8 at libero.it
Mon Nov 10 08:19:26 PST 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 21:00, Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

    On recent x86 processors, floating point is faster than fixed-point.

            Jean-Marc

This left me something shocked. Please, can you tell me what kind of
processors are showing this behaviour? Are you referring to speex codec
performance or to general performance?
Sorry to drive this a little off-topic but my XP1800 seems to be much
faster with integer (when this is applicable).

Thank you
Massimo