[speex-dev] silent frame detection

Tongbiao Li tli at viack.com
Mon May 12 14:37:24 PDT 2003

Hi all again,

Thanks for the response to my previous question, Jean-Marc.  It was of
great help.

Now another problem I encountered:

How do I detect that comfort noise is being sent out (I have VAD, DTX
on)?  I could not find an API function for it, so tried frame rate.  For
nb, it gives 2950-3950 for silence, however it seems to also give low
number sometimes even for speech periods.  I am wondering if this is a
property that can be queried ?

Thank you,

Tongbiao