[speex-dev] Speex latency

Rolando Martins rolando.martins at ent.efacec.pt
Fri Mar 21 07:38:00 PST 2003

        What sould be the capture and playback buffer size in 8,16,32 khz
for the Alsa system?
        Can this also causing latency?
        In the server side I have:
        -A thread that reads the input from mic (capture) ands copies to
main buffer.
        -The main loop encodes and sends it to the client ( it's read the
data from the main buffer)

        Client:
        -A thread for interacting with alsa, as soon as it has data on the
main buffer it's to the Alsa device
        -The main loop reads from socket, decodes the frame and copies it to
the main buffer

        As time goes by I start to notice an increase of latency.