[speex-dev] Speex latency

Simon Morlat simon.morlat at linphone.org
Fri Mar 21 06:30:01 PST 2003

Hi,

Speex's latency at 8khz is 20 ms. Which is under the latency of most
cards.
If you are using alsa-driver with oss-emulation in your program, you
have to use the SNDCTL_DSP_SUBDIVIDE to divide the size of capture and
playback buffers. The common size (supported by all alsa drivers) at
8000 Hz is 512 bytes (32ms).

Simon

Simon Morlat <simon.morlat at linphone.org>