[speex-dev] Speex ACM no longer Beta (Houston, we have a release!)
Christian.Buchner1 at epost.de
Wed Jul 16 02:31:24 PDT 2003
The Speex ACM codec has been released as version 22.214.171.124. Enjoy! Here is
a list of changes:
* A setup application has been added to the release. Just click SETUP.EXE
and follow the instructions.
* The crash under Windows 95/98/ME was fixed.
* A reported crash in VirtualDub, CDEx and possibly other applications was
* The codec's Format Tag was changed to an official Microsoft assigned tag.
This is a breaking change compared to the Beta release. The new tag is
hex 0xa109. WAVE headers of previously encoded content must be patched in
order to remain playable.
* Also this version is now compiled as optimized build on VS.NET 2003
(and it has the RELEASE flag set in the speex library, which disables
some debug code and makes it faster)
Future improvements to the codec may include adding a resampler such that
frequencies of 11025, 22050 and 44100 Hz can be supported "natively".
Research will be performed on getting this codec integrated in MS Netmeeting.
And the integerizing and Windows CE porting will continue this month. Haven't
done much since I put my work-in-progress source code onine.
--- >8 ----
List archives: http://www.xiph.org/archives/
Ogg project homepage: http://www.xiph.org/ogg/
To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to 'speex-dev-request at xiph.org'
containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body. No subject is needed.
Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be ignored/filtered.
More information about the Speex-dev