[speex-dev] draft-herlein-speex-rtp-profile-01

Tom Grandgent tgrand at canvaslink.com
Tue Jul 1 17:41:45 PDT 2003

Ok, I figured it out. :)  This seems to work:

1) Call speex_bits_read_from() once, specifying the location in
memory of the compressed data, and the total length of that data.

2) Keep calling speex_decode() until speex_bits_remaining()
returns 0.

Then you don't have to keep track of the # of frames per packet,
or the size of each compressed frame.  It's done magically by the
codec.

I now see that in section 4.5 of SpeexManual.pdf it touches on this
briefly, and mentions a terminator code.  But, it's not quite clear
as to how this terminator code is used... especially since it refers
to figure 4 which doesn't seem to exist.  (doc bug?)

Might I humbly recommend a section of documentation elaborating on
the use of the speex_bits*() calls ...

Tom