[speex-dev] Quality

Rick Kane rkane at delcomsys.com
Tue Feb 25 17:09:32 PST 2003

Think there are enough volunteers on the Web for a form of MOS?

I'm thinking of a Web Server type application where people go to the URL and
listed to just a few segments (as selected by the server) and score them.
Then they go away. The server collects the statistics as the population
grows...

You can't account for the quality of their sound cards but it you get a
large enough population maybe that averages out.

Just an idea... Don't know if it has merit.  Certainly, I'd never get time
to execute it.  I do like Mean Opinion Score (MOS) + Open Source Software
(OSS) = MOSS.  Sorry, I couldn't resist.