[speex-dev] Chopping off the wideband?

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at hermes.usherb.ca
Tue Feb 18 18:05:24 PST 2003

> I have a very hacky tool called speexcat, designed to cut and stitch
> speex files together, and modify things like author/title tags
> without the need for decoding/re-encoding. If I were to polish it up
> a little (a lot), and maybe implement the ultra-wideband -> wideband
> stripping, would anybody honestly use it? If so, I'd be happy to do
> so.

I think it's something useful and that's currently missing. I'm not sure
which of these functionalities fit into ogginfo (changing comments?),
but ultra-wideband->wideband->narrowband would sure be interesting.
About concatenation, I think eventually "cat" should work, but speexdec
doesn't handle chained streams.

Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A.
LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)