[speex-dev] SmartPhone ARM

Greg Cockroft greg at agog.com
Thu Dec 18 15:49:57 PST 2003

I don't think a compiler is going to be enough.
I tried perl scripting the output of a linux gcc cross-compiler to convert
into something the assembler under eVC would consume.
It errors on all the MAC type of instructions.  I looked at www.arm.com (I
never knew there could be so many arms)
It does not look like the ARM720 has the MAC instructions.  It also lists
75Mhz and 100Mhz as possible frequencies.
(I'm still hoping for 100 :-)

I have started to look at reducing complexity by removing all perceptual
filters in the encoder.
It sounds ugly but my fallback is GSM 610.

I'm open to any other ideas to cut CPU at the expense of quality.

            -greg.