[speex-dev] SmartPhone ARM

Thu Dec 18 14:33:11 PST 2003

> If you have any luck getting the eVC compiler closer to realtime I'd really
> like to know. I'm still far from realtime when using Speex 1.1.3 on a HP
> iPAQ (Intel pxa255).

That's odd. I've been able to do real-time with about 20% CPU on an ARM
400 MHz. Here are the settings I used:
- Compiled with FIXED_POINT (--enable-fixed-point) and ARM_ASM
(--enable-arm-asm)
- Compiled with gcc 3.3. (if you don't have gcc, you won't be able to
use ARM_ASM)
- Running in narrowband, 8 kbps with complexity 1.

Hope this helps.

Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A., ing. jr.
LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)