[speex-dev] DTX in speech

Sean Riley sriley at ncaustin.com
Wed Dec 10 13:40:26 PST 2003

Hello,

I am trying to use the DTX feature of speex to tell if the user is
speaking. I have VBR, DTX and VAD turned on, but the function
speex_encode always returns a non-zero value. It is my understanding
that it should return a zero value when the encoder detects silence?

Could anyone give me any clues to help figure out why this isn't working
for me? I am using the 1.13 version of speex on x86 (windows) platform.

Sean Riley.