[speex-dev] bug found in speex_bits_read_whole_bytes

Thomas S thomas9920 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 23:30:45 PDT 2003

> 1) you shouldn't be using the MAX_BYTES_PER_FRAME
> constant (just moved
> it to the .c where it belongs)

How else do I know how many bytes to add to the buffer
if I have many frames without breaks inbetween them?
(no breaks because it wastes space and my code doesn't
really need to know how many bytes in each frame).

Unless there is some other way to know the
max_encoded_bytes_per_frame or otherwise keep the bit
buffer full enough for a complete frame at all times,
I think MAX_BYTES_PER_FRAME should be kept public just
like getting the decoded frame size is needed at
times.

Thanks,
Thomas