[speex-dev] Digital Radio Mondial - ACC & lousy speech quality

Robert Michel Robert.Michel at post.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Oct 11 13:53:58 PDT 2002

Salve,

when some of you have the time, listen to some test-transmissions
recordings of DRM (MW and SW)
http://www.drm-national.de/Audio_Streams/audio_streams.html

I have the impression that music sounds well but speech has
realy ugly digital artefacts.
Especialy Sample 2: High Quality MW 64 QAM
AAC+SBR 25080 bit/s

Would you guesss that speex would be better for voice only than ACC?
DRM hasn't the original sample online to code it myself with speex, so
I need the help of some speex experanced ears ;-)

Becaus MW and SW are great for international and information programs,
a high quality for speech is more impartant then for music.

And I fear lizence restriction with MP4, so I would like to see speex and
vorbis on DRM ;-)

Thanks for attention,
rob