SV: [speex-dev] Speex modes

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at hermes.usherb.ca
Sun Oct 13 16:02:52 PDT 2002

Well, I don't know what SBR is, but there's something in the wideband
mode that may be similar: It's possible to encode the whole 4-8 kHz band
with just ~1-2 kbps by only encoding the (LPC) shape of the spectrum and
then just filling that band with "something that makes sense". Quality
is quite reasonable...

        Jean-Marc