[speex-dev] Real time audio encoding - cpu usage

Bjoern D. Rasmussen bjoern_rasmussen at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 2 15:06:26 PST 2002

Hello there

I've developed a p2p voice application using Speex and I'm looking for ways
to reduce Speex's cpu usage. My K6-2 300 MHz can't even encode 16 bit audio
at 16KHz in realtime using Speex in narrowband mode. I've tried to lower the
quality to 2 and complexity to 2 also but it's still way too slow.
Which other ways are there to make encoding faster? Is there a 3DNow-port of
Speex?

Cheers

Bear
ICQ: 2745075