[Paranoia] Parallel ripping causes extreme slowdowns

Johannes Bauer dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de
Sun Mar 17 21:05:24 UTC 2019

Hi again,

some more info to this. I'm using the internal SATA controller and a
PCIE one as well:

ripmachine [~]: lspci | grep -i sata
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 82801IR/IO/IH (ICH9R/DO/DH) 6
port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 02)
01:00.0 SATA controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1062 Serial ATA
Controller (rev 02)

Two drives connected to the internal Intel controller, one to the PCIE
ASMedia controller.

When I rip concurrently on the two drives that are connected internally,
the speed is perfect. Only when I mix the internal controller with the
other controller the stall occurs.

If I use only the PCIE drive, it also works perfectly. Only the
combination makes trouble.

Maybe that's a hint that is somehow useful?

All the best,
Johannes