[Paranoia] New User Question

Michael_OF michaelof at rocketmail.com
Wed Dec 3 10:10:46 PST 2014

Hi,

I've a couple of unfortunately scratched CDDAs (not by myself ;-)). Scratches are "hearable" a littlebit when playing
with "kscd", but not really disturbing.

Whyever, I can't really rip these CDDAs, not with audex, not with a dolphin copy and paste and unfortunately also not
with cdparanoia, which I tried at last. All of the above "hangs" at some tracks.

I've tried cdparanoia with no options except verbose:

cdparanoia -v 6

This track 6 is about 5:30 minutes, but all ripping incl. cdparanoia "hangs" in the middle for an eternity, I've
canceled after hours (!!!) unfinished. No idea if it would have finished.

How could I "tell" cdparanoia to do the same as "kdsc", being finished after 5:30 min latest :-)

Thanks in advance,
Michael