[Paranoia] cdparanoia and cache

Tim [TMO] tmo at anize.org
Wed Mar 21 07:36:40 PDT 2007

Harry Sack wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found this question on the Internet:
> http://www.nabble.com/cdparanoia-and-cache-t2390032.html

I corresponded with Wolf, who made that posting.  He informed me that
the change in read ahead values did not serve as a fix for the caching
problems with newer drives.  After more experimentation with his patch
he apparently found that the caching was still an issue.

> I was wondering if the cache problem in cdparanoia is already fixed
> (because I also have a plextor premium cdrom drive) and in what
> version of cdparanoia?

To my knowledge, no.  This is a long standing wish list item.  I've been
hunting for at least a year.  My work around was to buy a couple of
cheap plextor SCSI drives via ebay and implement them for ripping/burning.

Cheers,
Tim