[Paranoia] Ripping CD's with courrupted error bits

Curious Hacker hacker.curious at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 22 14:22:26 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to a rip a CD which has "Copy Control" which deliberatly creates
bad error correction headers. Does cdparanoia ever see these or is the
damage done to the data before it even gets out of the IDE interface?

I'm thinking if its possible to detect these bad error corrections I could
do what some CD players do and interpolate the data for that sector.
Obviously in these cases the overlap detection would have to accept a
comprimse as the data will be assumed.

Anyone else come across this issue?

If I can't get this CD playing in some form on my PC I may as well send it
back and ask for my  money back.

CH