[Paranoia] Bad cd, need to rip at -1 second

slag (sent by Nabble.com) lists at nabble.com
Wed Feb 1 22:11:12 PST 2006

I have a defective CD where the official tracks are all off by 1 second.  When I pop the CD into a player of any sort, it starts playing 1 second after the actual start of the song - I miss the first second.

If I scan to -01 seconds I can still play the whole song - the data is all there, I just need to somehow rip the tracks from 1 second (or 75 sectors, I believe) before what cdparanoia thinks that the tracks should start at.

I tried the "-T" option but that was way too much of an offset and I ended up with part of the last track instead of the first.  I tried "-O -75" but it didn't seem to do anything at all.