[Paranoia] Freshly damaged drive w/ cdparanoia?

CJ Kucera xiph at apocalyptech.com
Sun Mar 27 18:45:35 PST 2005

Kevin Rennert wrote:
> My guess is that, for the 30 or 40 bucks that a replacement drive costs,
> you've already invested too much of your own precious time in figuring
> out the problem.  See if you can get a warranty replacement and move on

Yeah, after finding out how much the prices on DVD burners have dropped,
I've actually already ordered a replacement, my brain had been stuck
in the probably-around-$200-for-a-replacement mode for awhile.  Thanks
for the input!

> -- I doubt it was anything out of the ordinary that cdparanoia made it
> do that caused it to pooch, it just couldn't stand up to the repetitive
> motion.

Yeah, that certainly sounds like it.  Next time I see a track having
problems, I think I'll just kill the process and try again on a
different drive.  :)

-CJ

--
WOW: Kakistocracy         |   "Happiness isn't good enough for me!  I
xiph at apocalyptech.com     |              demand euphoria!"