[Paranoia] Cdparanoia stuck in blk_execute_rq

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Tue Jan 18 14:08:52 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 08:25 -0800, David Wake wrote:
> Thanks for the help.  Actually /dev/hda is my CD-ROM drive.  Given this,
> should I still be using ide-scsi?  Do I just need a new CD-ROM?

No, you shouldn't ever use ide-scsi with FC3's cdparanoia.

For what it's worth, I think the my bus reset code in the SG_IO stuff
that FC3 has is busted, and you're seeing a different error, which then
causes that code path to be hit.  That first error may or may not be
legitimate.

How scratched up is the CD?  cdparanoia is showing rather severe
problems with the read, and really you've got to have very serious
problems before it'll ever try to reset the device.  If the CD isn't
scratched at all, then that means cdparanoia is getting completely bogus
data back from the kernel or the drive.

What version of cdparanoia are you using?  cdparanoia-alpha9.8-24.i386.rpm?

--
        Peter