[Paranoia] cdparanoia's generation of it's temporary file

laura capaldi lauracapaldi01 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 05:13:34 PST 2005

Hi all,

I'm using cdparanoia-III-alpha9.8. I have a question
that I did not see in the FAQ. Is there a way to avoid
the generation of the temporary file? I see it
hardcoded, cdda.wav in main.c. I typically use the
following:

cdparanoia -Z -q 3 | lame lameopts

and noticed cdda.wav when /tmp overflowed.

Why save to a file given that lame is taking the input
from standard output? Secondly, is there perhaps a
more efficient way of transfering data between the
ripper and the encoder than through standard output?
Perhaps by using a loopback socket or such? I'd
appreciate any explaination that anyone could help
give.

Thanks,
Laura