[Paranoia] No such device or address errors

Jonathan Morace jmorace at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 14:03:15 PST 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 22:15:43 -0800, Jonathan Morace <jmorace at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I wanted to test that theory out, could
> someone suggest where I might find the code performing the abort so I
> could just test what happens when I remove it?

I found the code I was looking for in scsi_interface.c in the calls to
select().  There are two timeouts set, one for read and one for write.
 Both had the comment:

/* Increased to 1m for plextor, as the drive will try to get through
rough spots on its own and this can take time 19991129 */

I bumped it up to a much larger timeout and it no longer fails.  It
can take hours to get through the damaged parts of the disc though,
but I'd rather have that than getting my computer hung.

Thanks for the help figuring this one out.

Jonathan