[paranoia] raw or .wav format question for making albums

steve sdoerr907 at everestkc.net
Sat Mar 20 08:25:41 PST 2004

Hello.  I'm new to the list and I have a question about how to create albums.

I am trying to pick a few songs from several audio cds in my collection so
that I have a few cds of my favorite songs.

I want them playable on any cd player in my or my friends cars and/or home
stereo cd players.  Will the .wav format work for this?  I want to have gaps
between tracks for skipping from song to song and I don't really want to play
them on my computer.

>From the FAQ, "In raw form, mulaw, SND and CDDA look exactly alike to a
program like xplay, and are very likely to blow your ears (and stereo) out
when played! "
Does this apply to car and stereo cd players?

Are cdrdao and gcdmaster better tools for this?

Thanks for any input.
Steve