[paranoia] cdparanoia producing silent files.

David Pottage dpottage at tao-group.com
Mon Mar 1 06:59:42 PST 2004

tow21 at cam.ac.uk wrote:

 > (this is not solely a cdparanoia problem - I get the same result
 > using cdda2wav. This mailing list seems like a good place to get
 > advice though.)
 >
 > I have a problem using cdparanoia. It produces entirely silent files.

I had similar problmes ripping a copy protected CD (Dido - No Angel).

Most of the tracks ripped OK, but two where silent. I also found that
the silent tracks where the correct length, and besides the header
contained entireley zeros.

might the cd you are trying to rip have copy protection? Does it have a
compact disc logo? Which CD?

Does the CD play OK using CD player software on the same PC? what about
other CD players?

Are you experecing problems on just a few CDs, or all?

Are you experecing problems with all the tracks on a disc, on only
some?

--
David