[paranoia] Improvement of extraction on ATAPI CDROM's

Alex avolkov79 at mail.ru
Sun Jan 11 13:39:17 PST 2004

 Dear Wolfgang,

 First of all, thank you very much for your answer.

> So, how fast *are* you ripping?

 I use  Pentium 200hz with LG*52 CDROM for audio ripping. Ripping of 1
minute
 of audio disc take me 30 seconds with Atapi driver and 22 seconds with
 IDE-SCSI hostadapter emulation. Does it good performance?  The reason I ask
 is because I had SCSI CDROM before and with other program(that worked only
 with SCSI devices), I ripped 1 minute in about 6 seconds. Therefore I'm
 interesting to know if is it possible to reach same performance with
 paranoia on IDE CDROM's.

 Thanks again and best regards,
 Alex