[paranoia] New mobo == slower cdparanoia

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Mon Feb 2 17:35:58 PST 2004

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 01:27:46PM -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> > 	I'm using ide-scsi emulation on 2.4.23, and was before as well.
> > Is there a chance it's a problem with the Promise card?  Any suggestions
> > for improving this non-optimal situation?
>
> Check that DMA is enabled for your CD.

I've turned DMA on - it was off.  Now, ripping is much faster.
Unfortuantely, it's still really inaccurate - tons of errors are getting
through.

All CDs rip with lots of -/+, but now I'm even seeing ! and e.  I think
I may try making the drives slaves on the VIA channels and seeing if
things improve any.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.