[paranoia] poor quality & glitches - all tracks on CD show unreported loss of streaming

Adam Hardy emacs at cyberspaceroad.com
Sat Oct 25 04:17:44 PDT 2003

On 10/25/2003 11:17 AM Mikko Nummelin wrote:
> One thing of practical importance to remember is, that when SCSI emulation
> is ON, then the drive /dev/hdx does not work, but the device should then
> be referenced by /dev/sg0 or /dev/sr0, especially when ripping with
> CDParanoia, i.e.
>
> # cdparanoia -v -B -d /dev/sr0 1-13
>
> Then it is also possible to use the patch I already mentioned and run
> CDParanoia with it, i.e.
>
> # cdparanoia -v -B -P -d /dev/sr0 1-13
>
> , which is known to help with some of the problems described with
> copy-protected CD's.

OK so far I've now got SCSI emulation working on my CD drive, I've got
the paranoia-III source code from CVS and I've got the patch.

I've not patched source code before - I got this error while trying to
patch:

[root at arnor adam]# patch -p0 <cdparanoia-III-alpha9.8/paranoia-patch
patching file cdparanoia-III-alpha9.8/interface/cdda_interface.h
Hunk #1 succeeded at 124 with fuzz 2 (offset -2 lines).
patching file cdparanoia-III-alpha9.8/interface/interface.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 42.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
cdparanoia-III-alpha9.8/interface/interface.c.rej
patching file cdparanoia-III-alpha9.8/interface/low_interface.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 65.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
cdparanoia-III-alpha9.8/interface/low_interface.h.rej
patching file cdparanoia-III-alpha9.8/interface/scsi_interface.c
patch: **** malformed patch at line 142: @@ -1432,7 +1510,10 @@

Adam

--
GNU Emacs 21.3.1 on Linux 2.4.20 RH9