[paranoia] Paranoia development tree

davidjoerg at web.de davidjoerg at web.de
Tue Nov 4 02:14:36 PST 2003

Hello Mikko!

A feature that is often asked for is creation of cuesheets from ripped CDs. And another one would be ripping a whole CD as a single PCM-file (preferably .wav container) plus creation of a cuesheet that bears information to write the PCM-file onto a CD with original tracknumbers, gaps. etc.

I'm no developer therefore I can't write patches, however this features are really often asked for in audio related forums - especially people coming from MS Windows to GNU/Linux and *BSD are used to this features.

Well, it's just a suggestion. Maybe you or another developer would benefit too from cuesheets and that stuff, TOCs aren't just as useful. For example you can embedd cuesheets in FLAC compressed files, this way you can rip a CD to one file, compress it with FLAC (1.10 I think) and have the cuesheet with trackmarkers, gaps, etc. embedded into that FLAC compressed file.

Regards,
David

--
mfG, David Joerg