[paranoia] Paranoia development tree

Mikko Nummelin mnummeli at cc.hut.fi
Tue Nov 4 01:00:24 PST 2003

I suggest that time has come to write modifications to paranoia and
release new versions as development versions on the paranoia main site.
Some project coordinators should also insert the development patches to
the CVS repository, as the reposito still seems to be in the same
III-9.8-condition in which it has been for years.

I suggest the following to be implemented (I might myself try some of
these):

[addition] choice of the way TOC is read

[addition] choice of SCSI read command

[addition] option for forcing a certain TOC from text file instead of
reading the TOC from disc.

[bugfix] prevent cdparanoia from going to an endless loop if  SCSI read
commands fail.

Of course the 'cooked' interface should also be thoroughly checked.