[paranoia] Possible Bug

Russell Wood rjw at dynode.net
Sat Jun 28 18:38:42 PDT 2003

I assume the following is a bug in cdparanoia;

While ripping the last track on my CD, it began to produce the following
error:

007: Unknown, unrecoverable error reading data

This is the extract from my logs:

kernel: acd0: READ_CD - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x64 ascq=0x00 error=0x04
NOTE: It's repeated thousands of times.

After all this, I ran the song in XMMS as a WAV file, and it was all
there, yet the progress of cdparanoia was only half way through when the
errors began.

I use FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE, and cdparanoia was a port with the distribution.

Regards,

Russell