[paranoia] ATAPI CD missing interrupts

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sun Jun 15 20:14:46 PDT 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Peter Jones wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>
> > Did you try rebuilding paranoia from source? And there's a load library
> > trick for RH9 as well, I don't have it handy, but I can probably find it
> > over the weekend.
>
> I'd be interested to know how you think this will help, or in general of
> *anything* broken specifically in the Red Hat packages.

Trying a rebuild may address any possible library issues, and there is a
load fix which I still haven't found time to locate which makes certain
programs run under RH9.0 by using old shared libraries.

Since recompiling if you have a binary which you or someone else built (or
may have built) on another kernel and/or library version, it's a cheap
thing to try while waiting for whatever you think is a better solution.

Since people in newsgroups have reported success in some cases using these
methods, it seemed worthwhile to mention them.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc