[paranoia] lost interupt

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Jun 6 08:07:45 PDT 2003

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, himbA wrote:

> I could go with that ... I'm considering a new DVD-rom drive, they became
> cheap and on of my cd-roms is getting selective when reading some CDs. Do you
> guys prefer some DVD-rom over another? Linux problems with DVD-roms?

I have a:
   'PIONEER ' 'DVD-RW  DVR-104 ' '1.20' Removable CD-ROM
which I got for about $250 (and the pain of getting up *real* early) at
OfficeMax. I think their everyday price is <$300 now, and you can write as
well as read. It will also burn CDs, although only at 8x for some reason.

The price of the DVD-R is coming down, it's still a bit more costly than
six CD-R blanks, but a *lot* more convenient for backups ;-)

It works fine with RH8.0+errata and recent cdrecord, I also use the free
DVD stuff forked from cdrecord, and have slightly played with Joerg's
Pro-DVD package.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc