[paranoia] Re: Bug, and a suggestion

Erik erik at holocron.org
Thu Jun 5 12:48:18 PDT 2003

Greetings again,
     I wrote my original email without acually looking at the CDParanoia code,
and that was a mistake. Having now done so, I find the code emminently readable
and have in fact implemented the changes tothe output I suggested (and modified
the -q option, and added a new -L option). With that out of the way, I turned to
fixing the actual bug in the Paranoia II library and I find that I need a little
direction. I found that transport layer errors normally don't get sent to the
callback (in main.c), and so I was considering two options:
   1) Adding a new PARANOIA_MODE flag which would cause transport errors tb
trated as skips (checked for in scsi_interface.c:scsi_read_map())
   2) Add a new PARANOIA_CB callback (ie. PARANOIA_CB_INVALID_SECTOR)

Any feelings one way or the other, or do you have another suggestion?

I'm currently in favor of #1 as it is the most backward compatible, but #2 would
allow more control...

Sincerely,
   - Erik Lindsley