[paranoia] DMA problem

Steve Smith ssmith at htsi-texas.com
Fri Jul 11 07:55:16 PDT 2003

I have similar problems. My system 1Ghz Athlon MSI K7T266. When running
cdparanoia open another xterm and run dmesg. Look for missing interrupts
or buffer over runs thats is what I see. I have a good experience with
the 2.4.21 kernel. Using 2.4.21 and with ide-scsi emulation on both of
my CD roms I can use cdparanoia on the 48X CD rom with out any
problems.  My 52X CD-RW still fails with missing interrupts.
It is interesting to see that other than ripping CD(s) the CDroms work
perfectly on my system. The problems never occur with Win2K.

The 2.4.21 kernel is at kernel.org.

Hope this helps.

Steve