[paranoia] CD Paranoia for MacOS X

Scott Wood scott at buserror.net
Sun Dec 7 08:43:24 PST 2003

On Dec 7, 2003, at 9:50 AM, TJ wrote:

> Congrats!!
>
>     I know there have been quite a few people that will ask about this
> every
> now and then. It's very nice to have it finally! The development team
> has
> been busy with other projects, so I'm afraid your improvements will
> not be
> included in the main distro until they start maintaining it again. I'm
> extremely curious to know if you contacted Apple at all for any help.

I didn't need to; the developer documentation they make available was
sufficient (apart from the non-burner issue).

>  If you did, did they seem to have a supportive attitude towards
> open-source on
> Apples in general? I would think they could easily tell you how to get
> raw
> SCSI access on a non-burner if they were willing to work with you.

Probably; however, I figured that they might just label all MMC devices
as
authoring devices.  If it turns out that it doesn't work, I can try
contacting them.

>  I really have to wonder what Macs have a non burning CD-ROM, though.
> That
> must be a rarity.

They still have a previous-generation iBook for sale with only a CD-ROM
drive.

-Scott