[paranoia] can not rip track 3 on store bought cds

Jeff Pierce wd4nmq at comcast.net
Fri Aug 29 09:40:40 PDT 2003

I am new to this so please bear with me.

I am using cdparanoia 9.8 with an HP 9100 cdrw. I can rip any track from
  an orignal cd EXCEPT track 3.

Here is an example.

root at misty:/home/wd4nmq/wav# cdparanoia -d /dev/cdrw "3" track3.wav
cdparanoia III release 9.8 (March 23, 2001)
(C) 2001 Monty <monty at xiph.org> and Xiphophorus

Report bugs to paranoia at xiph.org
http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/

Ripping from sector   30895 (track  3 [0:00.00])
           to sector   47732 (track  3 [3:44.37])

outputting to track3.wav

  (== PROGRESS == [    >                         | 033563 00 ] == :-)
==)   scs
i_read error: sector=33594 length=13 retry=0
                  Sense key: 3 ASC: 2 ASCQ: 0
                  Transport error: Medium reading data from medium
                  System error: Input/output error
scsi_read error: sector=33594 length=6 retry=1
                  Sense key: 3 ASC: 2 ASCQ: 0
                  Transport error: Medium reading data from medium
                  System error: Input/output error
scsi_read error: sector=33594 length=3 retry=2
                  Sense key: 3 ASC: 2 ASCQ: 0
                  Transport error: Medium reading data from medium
                  System error: Input/output error

This has been tried with several cds. I have a compilation cd I made and
it plays in my car cd player and I can rip track 3 from it. It seems to
be only regular cds it has the track 3 problem with.

--
Jeff, wd4nmq
wd4nmq at comcast.net
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/wd4nmq