[paranoia] cddb: i'd like to add that feature...

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Apr 28 13:30:39 PDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Fredrik Mellstr|m wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 21:27 -0600, Kim Lux wrote:
> > I wish that cdparanoia would access the cddb and get the title
> > of all the songs it rips.  I've got a ton of directories with
> > track1, track2...  in them.  I need a utility to convert the
> > trackX filenames to the song titles.  Better yet would be if
> > cdparanoia did it for me when it ripped the tracks.
>
> Both CDDB queries, fade-out, and other similar high-level features
> are clearly _not_ the focus of paranoia.  These are tasks that
> should be done in a front-end.  Have a look at Jack, Grip, abcde,
> or the hundreds of "My very own ultimate super cool CD ripper"
> scripts publicized on Freshmeat.  All of these use cdparanoia,
> libparanoia or cdda2wav for ripping, and then do the rest of the
> job themselves.

I'm not sure that's what's being requested here. When I rip a CD with
cdda2wav, I get a significant amount of info off the CD into the ".inf"
files. I think that's what's desired here. Since in some cases I'm ripping
on a machine totally without network connection, it is definitely NOT
coming from anywhere but the CD itself.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc