[paranoia] ANNOUNCE: CD Extract

Dale E Martin dmartin at cliftonlabs.com
Wed Mar 27 07:23:54 PST 2002

> Unfortunately, what I really need is something which will take a big long
> .wav file and detect the breaks and generate a bunch of little .wav files
> and .inf files so I can burn a CD with cdrecord. I am digitizing a bunch
> of old music on tape and records, and would *love* to automate the process
> :-(

Have you looked at gramofile?
http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/~costar/gramofile/

I've had mixed success with it.  The last LP that I tried it on did not
have silent gaps and it definitely did not get those right.  So I split
things manually for the most part, using "ecawave".  I'd also say I had
mixed sucess with that approach - I got it to work, but it's not like it
was totally painless.  I've only needed to do a few cassettes and LPs, so
I've not looked into this really hard.

Later,
        Dale

--