[paranoia] scsi errors gone -- 3 days and counting to rip a song

T. trucido at club88.co.nz
Mon Jun 17 00:01:18 PDT 2002

> Try the -Z option (se my answer to Rob Blomquist).

Torben,

The -Z option defintely solved the extremely long rip times. However,
look at this:

**No -Z switch on troublesome song**

  (== PROGRESS == [---eV>                        | 249154 00 ] == :-0 .
==)

**Using -Z on troublesome song**

  (== PROGRESS == [   eeeeee                    | 249154 00 ] == :^D *
==)

I encode the song in example two, at the place in the song where the e's
are, the song is extremely jittery.  Imagine this:

The song plays perfect up until where the e's are. And also after that
period in the song. However, during that part the song will play for 1
second, no sound for 1 second, play for 1 second .... and on and on
until it reaches the end of that part of the song. Then the song sounds
perfect again till it reaches the end.

Its to be noted that a normal song rip for me looks like:

:^D * ==)

but the song rip with the -Z switch had no dashes.

Any further advice you can offer?

regards,
T.