[paranoia] scsi errors gone -- 3 days and counting to rip a song

T. trucido at club88.co.nz
Fri Jun 14 06:21:41 PDT 2002

> > This is an entirely different pc and cdrom. I have 3 debian boxes
> > here.

> Do the CDs look physically damaged?

2 of my older ones I could blame on being old and scratched. But the Led
Zep CD is flawless to look at. I've only done 10 so far, even my real
badly scratched ones seem to rip fine (up to 20 minutes to rip some, but
thats to be expected).

I still have over 200 CDs to rip, I fear that a portion of those will
also have similar results. When I throw the cd into my crusty old
windows box and rip to mp3 using audio galaxy it rips the song fine.
Sounds perfect also. One of the other ones that refuses to rip is song 2
(africa) off Toto's Past to Present - but its to be noted that in
windows it rips with an ugly audible sound in the middle that casues
winamp/xmms to skip. So that one is defintely some horrible scratch on
the cd.