[paranoia] Crappy CD-ROM

Rob Blomquist rob.blomquist at verizon.net
Thu Jun 13 18:03:28 PDT 2002

Apparently I have a lousy CD-ROM, as all cdparanoia can do is complain and
tell me it will take about 3 weeks to rip a CD. This makes sense of course,
as I don't really live on the fastest, hottest, best-review bandwagon, and I
probroably have something like an 8x drive on this machine.

But I wanna rip some cds under linux so my wife stops laughing at me and
linux.

I want some recomendations for decent, not too expensive CD-R drives, as this
fall, I want a new box, and I mean everything is going to be new, and fast
with CD-RW and the like.

--
Rob Blomquist
Kirkland, WA

On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section, it said
'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed Linux and lived happily ever
after.