[paranoia] can't find cdrom drive

Torben Andersen the.beauty at get2net.dk
Wed Jun 12 08:53:40 PDT 2002

Norman Urs Baier wrote:

>There is this option -g. Did you add a scanner, a zip or something like that,
>which changed your generic devices?
>cdparanoia -g /dev/sgx, where x is your generic device, should help

Thanks for your help, but it dosn't seem to work :-(

But I discovered coincidently, when using root, it works :-) :-) I know,
that it might be beyond the topic of this list, but does anybody know,
how to make it work as normal user. I assume, that some permissions has
to be set, but I don't know which.

Greetings Torben