[paranoia] can't rip from ide dvd-rom Pioneer 115 (not with atapi, not with scsi emu)

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Mon Jul 22 05:35:56 PDT 2002

Been trying to extract CDs from my IDE DVD-ROM type Pioneer 115 with
cdparanoia 9.8.

First tried ATAPI, got lots of ioctl errors.
Then compiled a 2.4.18 with SCSI emulation and *no* native ATAPI cdrom
support.
Still no success. The error I get is:

csi_read error: sector=32 length=7 retry=0
                 Sense key: b ASC: 48 ASCQ: 0
                 Transport error: Unspecified error
                 System error: Input/output error

and cdparanoia -vQ -/dev/dvd (which is symlinked to scd2) gives

Checking /dev/dvd for cdrom...
        Testing /dev/dvd for cooked ioctl() interface
                /dev/scd2 is not a cooked ioctl CDROM.
        Testing /dev/dvd for SCSI interface
                generic device: /dev/sg2
                ioctl device: /dev/scd2

Found an accessible SCSI CDROM drive.
Looking at revision of the SG interface in use...
        SG interface version 3.1.22; OK.

CDROM model sensed sensed: PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-115 1.27

Checking for SCSI emulation...
        Drive is ATAPI (using SCSI host adaptor emulation)

Checking for MMC style command set...
        Drive is MMC style
        DMA scatter/gather table entries: 256
        table entry size: 32768 bytes
        maximum theoretical transfer: 3566 sectors
        Setting default read size to 13 sectors (30576 bytes).

Verifying CDDA command set...
        Expected command set reads OK.

Table of contents (audio tracks only):

(table follows)

I'm stuck here, I really don't know what else I could have forgotten.

Any pointers?

Dex