[paranoia] odd cdrom behavior after using cdparanoia

PC^God paranoia at pcgod.info
Mon Dec 30 15:46:41 PST 2002

Hello. I've run into a strange problem using cdparanoia. It'll work fine
for a while, then it'll give me some SCSI timeouts and the drive is
useless until I unload the ide-scsi module and reload it. Sometimes this
doesn't even work and I've had to reboot. I've also seen that cdparanoia
segfaults when trying to read a cd at this point and "cdrecord -scanbus"
returns garbage. I don't know if the drive is starting to fail or if
cdparanoia is doing something strange. Specifications are below. Thanks
for your consideration.

Kernel: 2.4.19-gentoo-r10
cdparanoia version: 9.8
CD Drive: Mitsumi CR-2801TE 1.07 (2x write, 8x read)
using scsi emulation

let me know if there's any other information that you might need to help
me figure out what's going on. Thanks

-- PC^God --