[paranoia] paranoia doesn't work with my ATAPI/CDROM

Peter peter.naegelin at clavo.ch
Fri Apr 5 15:44:27 PST 2002

hello,

hort version:

cdrecord-cdda2wav-1.10-2mdk has the same problem as cdparanoia, but
cdrecord-cdda2wav-1.8.1 works (with heavy background noise).

long version:

cdparanoia III release 9.8 (March 23, 2001) did not work with my drive,
progress is always 0%.

I am using mandrake8.0 (kernel 2.4.18) and had the same problems with
cdda2wav and xcdroast.

I compiled an older version of cdrecord-cdda2wav (cdrecord-1.8.1 which
is part of SUSE-7.0 / gcc3.0.1). I could record without problems (at
good speed) but there is heavy background noise. I tried playing it with
both xmms and mplayer. (same version of cdda2wav works great on a
different drive(CD-recorder) on a different machine).

I read about problems with 'slowness' using ATAPI drives an cdparanoia
and hope this might help you making it work with all drives.

peter.

please tell me if this was not the right place for this bug report.
please tell me if you want/need more information (e.g. sample of the
recorded wavefile etc.)