[paranoia] RE: Unknown errors

Erick Calder e at arix.com
Sat Sep 15 21:20:07 PDT 2001

> Using the Generic SCSI interface will at very least give cdparanoia
> the ability to determine what is wrong, and may correct the problem
> entirely.  The ATAPI interface isn't particularly bright about DAE.

I didn't mention it before but my cdrom drive is IDE...  so maybe it's a
dumb quesiton but I better ask in case I'm wrong: can I still use the
generic SCSI interface for my drive? and if so, what would be the syntax (-g
/dev/sg??)?

TIA Monty - e r i c k

p.s. in case it's of value:

# cat /proc/ide/hdc/model
CD-224E

# cat /proc/ide/hdc/settings
name                    value           min             max             mode
----                    -----           ---             ---             ----
breada_readahead        4               0               127             rw
current_speed           0               0               69              rw
dsc_overlap             0               0               1               rw
file_readahead          0               0               2097151         rw
ide_scsi                0               0               1               rw
init_speed              0               0               69              rw
io_32bit                0               0               3               rw
keepsettings            0               0               1               rw
max_kb_per_request      127             1               127             rw
nice1                   1               0               1               rw
number                  2               0               3               rw
pio_mode                write-only      0               255             w
slow                    0               0               1               rw
unmaskirq               0               0               1               rw
using_dma               0               0               1               rw